Post Coronavirus Ecological Front
NEW STRATEGIES FOR CHANGE
IN THE PRISM OF THE PANDEMIC CRISIS
Thursday, April 30th | 17h - 19h
The overwhelming effects of the coronavirus crisis on humanity prove how vulnerable and fragile we are in our minds, bodies, social networks and institutions. By locking down our habits and lifestyles, the crisis reminds us the fundamental challenges of the ecological transition: fight climate change, protect the biosphere and guarantee the fundamental human rights — health, education, housing.
Indeed, the environmental side-effects of the pandemics were advertised as good news, with CO2 emissions and other indicators considerably plummeting. But, is this truly so in the long term ? How will the environmental emergency be kept from going back to “business as usual” for States, economies and everyday life? What should be done in order to definitely escape the downward spiral and give a chance to our future on planet Earth? In what sense does Covid-19 offer an opportunity?
The Braillard Foundation for Architecture, Geneva, invites the public to its online Geneva Debates in the framework of The Eco-Century Project® with:
- Claudia BINDER (Biologist, Dean, ENAC/EPFL)
- Stefano BOERI (Architect, President of Triennale Milano)
- Dr. María NEIRA (Director of Public Health, Environment and social determinants of health, World Health Organisation)
- Thomas VELLACOTT (CEO, World Wild Fund WWF Switzerland)
- Dr. Mathis WACKERNAGEL (Founder and President of Global Footprint Network)
- Pr. Peter DROEGE (Director, Liechtenstein Institute for Strategic Development, president EUROSOLAR European Association for Renewable Energy)
- Robert SADLEIR (Economist, former UN Humanitarian worker UNHCR, ISO Smart Cities and Sustainable Communities)
Host: Dr. Panos Mantziaras ( Braillard Foundation for Architecture )
Let’s make ecological transition happen in the 21st century.
TO ATTEND THE DEBATE
Registration required to receive the link and the password:
send an e-mail to email@example.com with name, first name and institution.
Les activités de la Fondation Braillard Architectes interrogent les rapports entre les formes, fonctions et valeurs de nos bâtiments, villes et campagnes, à l’égard de la transition écologique.
Pour plus d'informations :